Dietary Tips for preventing Tooth Decay
- Keep sugar intake low.
- Choose healthy foods and drinks.
- Water is the best and safest drink for teeth.
- Choose treats that are tooth friendly; e.g. chocolate NOT sticky sweets like Skittles, Haribos, Polo-Mints etc.
- Remember: the longer sugar contacts teeth (e.g. sticky toffee) and the more often sugar is taken – the higher the risk of tooth decay.
- Dried fruits like raisins are very sticky and can easily cause tooth decay in children.
- Honey, although “natural”, is very high risk for tooth decay in children.